Vegan Chickpea Flour Scramble
This high-protein dish uses chickpea flour, oatmilk, nutritional yeast and a smattering of spices to create an appetizing and vegan-friendly, egg-like breakfast dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Oatmilk
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Nutritional Yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- In medium skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté bell peppers and onion until soft and onion is translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, oatmilk, yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric.
- Pour mixture into skillet; let set 30 seconds. Use rubber spatula to fold mixture. Cook, continuously breaking apart, 7 to 10 minutes, until mixture is lightly browned and firm.
- Serve scramble with bell peppers and onion on side.