Triple Threat Chocolate Cookies
Have a glass of milk ready for when you give in to your chocolate craving with these cookies.
Serves: 28Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips, divided
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 oz.) mini milk chocolate eggs with a crisp shell, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips and butter in microwave safe bowl. Cool 5 minutes. Add the cocoa and stir until smooth. Add brown sugar, vanilla and eggs and beat until well-mixed.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt and add to the creamed mixture, mixing until well combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips and chocolate eggs. Let dough stand for 10 minutes to firm.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until firm, but soft in the center. Cool slightly on cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.