Yes, you can even give cocktails smoky flavor using your pellet smoker.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Coarse Kosher Salt
- 4 limes cut in half
- 8 fluid ounce tequila
- 4 fluid ounce orange liqueur
- 2 fluid ounce Simple Truth Organic™ Blue Agave Syrup
- Lime slices
- Heat pellet smoker to 250°F.
- Place salt in a shallow pan. Smoke for at least 3 hours.
- Place limes, cut side up, on smoker. Smoke for 45 minutes. Cool and juice into a glass.
- In a pitcher, stir together tequila, orange liqueur, smoked lime juice and agave syrup.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses rimmed with smoked salt. Garnish with a lime slice, if desired.
- Store extra salt in a sealed container at room temperature (can be used to season food). Lime juice can be stored covered in the refrigerator.
- Tip: If you don’t have a smoker, you can still enjoy a cocktail with smoky flavor by grilling the cut side of the limes over a medium-hot grill. Rim the serving glasses with store-bought smoked salt.
- Tip: For even more smoky flavor, place a tray of water on the smoker for about 30 minutes. Freeze into ice cubes and add to cocktails.