Ropa Vieja Chicken
This Cuban-inspired dish is made with grilled chicken, an irresistible tomato-based sauce and lots of Latin flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless & skinless
- 1 tablespoon Goya® Adobo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded & sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil, to taste
- Season chicken with adobo and olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- In pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté peppers, onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Add white wine, tomatoes, cumin, bay leaf and salt and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken to serve.