Roasted Harvest Vegetables
The abundance of autumnal colors and flavors make this recipe a perfectly fresh dish for the fall season.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 2 medium red potatoes, washed and cut into 1” cubes
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 3 medium beets, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine oil and rosemary and mix well.
- In second bowl, combine butternut squash, potatoes and parsnips. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil & rosemary mixture.
- In third bowl, combine beets and remaining olive oil & rosemary mixture.
- In 17”x11” cookie tray, spread butternut mixture from second bowl on ¾ parts of the cookie tray. Place beets mixture from third bowl on the remaining part of the cookie tray (note: do not mix to prevent beets from “bleeding” into the other vegetables). Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in potatoes and beets comes out easily.