Grilled Strawberry Mango Shortcake
These sweet and simple shortcakes take a summertime favorite and give it an outdoorsy feel with the combination of grilled strawberries, mangoes and buttery biscuits.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 mangos, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 16 ounces strawberries, stems removed
- Avocado oil spray
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces tube Buttermilk Jumbo Biscuits
- Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water at least 20 minutes.
- Divide strawberries and mango between soaked skewers. Spray with avocado oil.
- Oil grill grates. Grill skewers 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until nicely marked and slightly softened.
- While still warm, remove fruit from skewers; toss with sugar. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, adjust grill for indirect heat with one side of burners turned off, or charcoals pushed to one side.
- Spray biscuits on both sides with avocado oil. Place over indirect heat. Cook 6 minutes, flip; continue cooking 5-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To serve, split biscuits in half. Top with fruit and whipped topping.
- Refrigerate leftover fruit.