Fresh Marinated Tomatoes
This deliciously fresh recipe puts ripe and juicy tomatoes to good use. It’s easy to make marinated tomatoes before large gatherings…they take just a few minutes of preparation.
Serves: 8Prep: 2 hours 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Place tomatoes in a shallow dish. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, parsley and basil. Pour over tomato slices and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours, then. serve. Refrigerate leftovers.