Vitacost American Ginseng Extract Capsules
What is American ginseng?
American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is a perennial herb with white flowers and red berries that grows in eastern North American forests. Like Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng), American ginseng is recognized for the odd “human” shape of its roots. Its Chinese name “Jin-chen” (where “ginseng” comes from) and Native American name “garantoquen” translate to “man root.” Both Native Americans and early Asian cultures used ginseng root in various ways to support health and promote longevity.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® American Ginseng Extract?
- Active constituents in most ginseng plant species include ginsenosides, polysaccharides, peptides, polyacetylenic alcohols and fatty acids
- Scientific data has attributed the beneficial effects of ginseng root extract to a group of ginseng-specific saponins known as ginsenosides and eleutherosides
- Promotes enhanced energy, concentration and memory*
- May help maintain healthy cognitive function*
- Both American and Korean ginseng are considered “adaptogens,” or substances that may help people cope with stress*
- Ginseng is also widely used to support healthy immune function and may support cardiovascular health*
Vitacost® American Ginseng Extract is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Supplies 500 mg of American ginseng per 2-capsule serving
- Contains 150 servings per bottle
- Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.