De Cecco® Lasagne Pasta
Lasagna is one of the oldest forms of pasta recorded. It probably corresponds to the Latin "Lagana" (which in turn was derived from the Greek "laganon": large, flat sheet of pasta cut into strips) and it began to be known as "Lasagna" probably after the year 1000 AD. The first traces of the widespread use of the term "Lasagna" can be found in the works of the most renowned 12th century Italian poets. "Granel di pepe vince / per virtù la lasagna", (a peppercorn beats lasagna for virtue) states Jacopone da Todi. Cecco Angiolieri,on the other hand, warns his readers, "chi de l'altrui farina fa lasagne / il su' castello non ha ne muro ne fosso" (He who makes lasagna with another's flour / his castle will have no walls or moat). It has long been one of the most well-known and popular types of pasta in Italian cooking, and the simplest and most commonly used recipe calls for a ragù, béchamel and parmesan, although mozzarella has also been introduced more recently. Delicious "white" versions are also quite commonplace with sauces made from mushrooms and vegetables. Available in 1 lb. • Cooking time: 24 min
- SLOW DRYING We still use the same method today to best preserve the natural flavor and aroma of wheat and the natural color of our semolina for a superior quality pasta.
- THE BEST DURUM WHEATS We select the best durum wheats from Italy and the rest of the world in terms of gluten quality, healthiness, protein content and organoleptic characteristics.
- COARSE-GRAIN SEMOLINA We use only "coarse"-grain semolina flour in order to preserve the integrity of the gluten and obtain a pasta which is always "al dente".
- COLD MAJELLA MOUNTAIN WATER We make our dough solely with cold water from the Majella mountains, at a temperature of less than 59° F ensuring perfect firmness when cooked.
- COARSE TEXTURE We craft our pasta with bronze draw plates to guarantee the ideal porosity to best capture the sauce.
Durum Wheat Semolina, Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Iron (Ferrous Lactate).
Contains Wheat and Their Derivatives. May contain Eggs and their derivates,Soybean and its Derivatives.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. ...